John W. Rodgers is a founding member of the firm. He specializes in commercial and residential real estate, business law, estate planning, and probate. John has over thirty years of experience representing buyers, sellers, developers, lenders, and investors in real estate transactions throughout middle Tennessee. His background in local government, including eight years on the Rutherford County Commission and two decades on the Murfreesboro Board of Zoning Appeals, gives him unique insight into the intersection of government and real estate development. Individuals and businesses rely on John to assist with the negotiation and drafting of purchase agreements, leases, deeds, easements, lending documents, subdivision declarations, restrictive covenants, and the creation of condominiums and horizontal property regimes.
John also tends to the broader legal needs of his business clients in the formation, merger and acquisition of entities such as partnerships, LLCs, and corporations. His individual clients call on him for estate planning, including drafting wills and trusts and the probate of estates.
John received his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University in 1988 and his law degree from the University of Memphis in 1991. Outside the office, he and his wife enjoy spending time on their farm where they raise registered and commercial angus cattle.
- J.D. University of Memphis, 1991
- B.S. Vanderbilt University, 1988
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- Rutherford and Cannon County Bar Association, Past President
- City of Murfreesboro Board of Zoning Appeals, 1999-2016, Past Chair
- Rutherford County Board of Commissioners, 2002-2010
- Rutherford County Commission’s Steering, Legislative and Governmental Committee, Past Chair
- Board of Directors, Journeys in Community Living, Past Chair
- Leadership Rutherford Graduate, 1999
- Board of Directors, Main Street of Murfreesboro/Rutherford County
- Tennessee Bar Association’s Leadership Law program, 2004 graduate
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court